The Sales Administrator works as part of the Sales team and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of sales planning, coordinating and executing of sales activities according to the company’s sales strategies. The Sales Administrator is also the key user for CRM and is responsible for managing customer enquiries through the CRM process. The Sales Administrator should be highly organised and a strong communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills.
Typical responsibilities include: Producing statistical reports for management, organising general sales and trade show travel; analyzing and improving the effectiveness of the CRM system, ensuring export licenses are sort where appropriate, ensuring the office is always well presented, and office material needs are always available, managing Directors business diaries; other sales administration tasks.
- Ensuring the sales process is efficient from order to dispatch.
- CRM key user.
- Producing high level statistical sales activity reports.
- Providing administration support as part of the RMA process.
- Making travel arrangements and negotiating competitive prices.
- Updating the travel budgets and forecasts.
- Managing Directors meeting schedules during business hours.
- Ensuring the office is properly equipped with stationary, meeting necessities and is presentable.
- Conference rooms are prepared for customer meeting.
- Organising customer, distributor conferences and training days etc.
- Greeting customers upon arrival at Gill.
- Responsible for the switchboard.
- Mentoring the administration team members.
- General internal sales and support of sales activities.
- Good academic experience in Sales Administration or another relevant subject.
Essential Experience Required
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft dynamics CRM and managing opportunities through the system.
- Sales administration within a technology product manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of Syspro or equivalent manufacturing management system.
- Production and good understanding of statistical sales activity reports.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office.
- Experience writing short hand.
- Foreign Language skills.
- Export licence experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of engineering principles.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- The ability to multi task effectively.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Good team player.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related instruction as required.
Lymington is a vibrant hub situated on the South Coast. The area boasts unparalleled leisure opportunities from water sport in the Solent through horse riding in the New Forest, with the nightlife of Bournemouth and Southampton less than 1/2 hour in each direction.
About Gill Research & Development
Established twenty-five years ago and now employing over 75 people, Gill Research & Development Ltd has rapidly expanded to become a leading supplier of innovative solutions to such varied industries as Motorsport, Defence, Medical, Aerospace, Process Control and Meteorology. We are involved in the full product lifecycle, from initial pure research through design and development to manufacture in small to medium volumes.
We strive to apply best practice and have the support of industry recognised tools to deliver class leading products.
As a privately owned company, Gill recognises the importance of home life and provides superb conditions, at its newly refurbished office and factory in Lymington. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and challenge the status quo as we forge ahead with extension of our product ranges to continue our successful growth strategy.
Every employee can influence the success and direction of the company through their individual contribution. We have the flexibility to adapt to take full advantage of each person’s skills and experience.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed
by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related
instruction as required.
Direct applicants only – agency applications will not be accepted.