A technical expert to provide management leadership in the design, development and delivery of sensor products, applications and services within a multidisciplinary team environment.
To propose solutions to technical issues, and are responsible for meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- To lead projects for our range of sensors including inductive position and capacitive liquid level, taking ownership of new developments from start to finish.
- To coordinate the activities of the sensors development team, and therefore required to be a good organiser to plan their work and that of other workers. This will include owning the development life-cycle and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- Provide guidance to the development team on any technical difficulties or situations they may encounter and be able to easily recognise system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Have the ability to motivate people and have excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. They will lead technical reviews with the development team and Programme Manager.
- Keeps Programme Manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and Programme Manager that will require them to be a major decision-maker in terms of implementing plans of a project.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related instruction as required.
- Excellent academic achievements to degree level or equivalent in any engineering discipline or closely related subject.
- Complete system life-cycle experience
- Technical leadership of multidisciplinary development teams
- Experience of end-to-end product development
- Proficiency in mathematics and/or physics
- Understanding of EMC and environmental testing
- Demonstrable experience of project planning, process and engineering management
Lymington is a vibrant hub situated on the South Coast. The area boasts unparalleled leisure opportunities from water sport in the Solent through horse riding in the New Forest, with the nightlife of Bournemouth and Southampton less than 1/2 hour in each direction.
About Gill Research & Development
Established twenty-five years ago and now employing over 75 people, Gill Research & Development Ltd has rapidly expanded to become a leading supplier of innovative solutions to such varied industries as Motorsport, Defence, Medical, Aerospace, Process Control and Meteorology. We are involved in the full product lifecycle, from initial pure research through design and development to manufacture in small to medium volumes.
We strive to apply best practice and have the support of industry recognised tools to deliver class leading products.
As a privately owned company, Gill recognises the importance of home life and provides superb conditions, at its newly refurbished office and factory in Lymington. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and challenge the status quo as we forge ahead with extension of our product ranges to continue our successful growth strategy.
Every employee can influence the success and direction of the company through their individual contribution. We have the flexibility to adapt to take full advantage of each person’s skills and experience.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed
by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related
instruction as required.
Direct applicants only – agency applications will not be accepted.